Smoke Alarm Installation
Photoelectric Smoke Alarms
Are you up to date with the new smoke alarm legislation in Queensland? It’s essential to comply with the law, and keeping your loved ones safe is essential.
We offer smoke alarm installation and testing services to help you meet your obligations. We use photoelectric type smoke alarms that are hard-wired to the electrical circuit or powered by a 10-year lithium battery, ensuring maximum safety for your home.
Our smoke alarms are also interconnected, so you can be sure that if one goes off, they all go off.
We understand that installing smoke alarms can be confusing and time-consuming. That’s why we offer a hassle-free service that covers everything for you.
Our team of experts will assess your property and install smoke alarms in every bedroom and adjacent hallway and on every level of a multi-story property.
We use top-quality smoke alarms, electrical cables, and fittings that meet Australian standards. This ensures that your smoke alarms are reliable and long-lasting. Not only will our service help you comply with the law, but it will also give you peace of mind knowing that your home is protected.
We’re committed to providing excellent customer service and ensuring that you and your family are safe. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Contact us today to schedule your smoke alarm installation and testing.
Owner Occupiers Tips
- Replace any non-working smoke alarms with photoelectric smoke alarms that comply with AS3786-2014.
- If your smoke alarms are over 10 years old, it’s time to replace them with photoelectric smoke alarms that comply with AS3786-2014.
- Only a licensed electrician can replace a 240v hardwired smoke alarm.
- Testing and cleaning your smoke alarms at least once every 12 months is crucial.
- Cleaning can be as simple as vacuuming or brushing the smoke alarm with a soft brush to remove dust. Always test the smoke alarm after cleaning it.
- By 1 January 2027, you’ll need to install interconnected photoelectric smoke alarms to all bedrooms and adjacent passageways.
- If your home has multiple levels, you’ll also need to install at least one smoke alarm on each level in the most likely path of travel to exit the home.
- Don’t wait until it’s too late to prioritize your safety. Replace those smoke alarms today with photoelectric smoke alarms that comply with AS3786-2014.
- Ensure the safety of your tenants by testing and cleaning smoke alarms before each new tenancy agreement.
Replace any flat or almost flat batteries to ensure smoke alarms are functioning properly.
- If a tenant reports a faulty smoke alarm, replace it with a photoelectric alarm that complies with AS3786-2014.
- Replace smoke alarms that are more than 10 years old with photoelectric smoke alarms that comply with AS3786-2014.
- For hardwired smoke alarms, hire a qualified electrician to replace them.
- By 1 January 2022, install interconnected photoelectric smoke alarms in all bedrooms and adjacent passageways.
- For multi-level homes, install at least one smoke alarm on each level in the most likely path of travel to exit the home.
- Don’t risk the safety of your tenants, make sure your smoke alarms are up to date and functioning properly.
- Stay compliant with regulations and ensure the safety of your property by following these simple steps.
- Invest in the safety of your tenants and property by upgrading to photoelectric smoke alarms.
We know safety can be serious, but we promise to make the process as easy and stress-free as possible. Our licensed electricians are ready to help you make the switch. Contact us now to schedule an appointment. And remember, testing and cleaning your smoke alarms regularly is the key to keeping your home, family and any residents in your property safe.
Our Other Electrical Services
- RCeiling Fan Installations
- RSmoke Alarms
- RSmoke Detectors
- RWaterproof Power Points
- RLED Downlights
- RElectric Cooktop Installs
- RElectric Oven Installation
- RHouse Rewiring
- RBathroom Electrical Work
- RBathroom Exhaust Fans
- RDigital TV Points
- RTV Wall Mounting
- RTelephone Points
- RData Cabling
- RCommercial Electrical
- RRetail Store Fitouts
- RRCD Safety Switches
- RSurge Protectors
- RPower Outages
- RElectrical Fault Finding
- RSwitchboard Upgrades
- RSafety Switch Tripping
- RElectrical Repairs
- REmergency Lighting
- RHot Water Systems
- RSensor Lights
- RAll LED Lighting
- RElectrical Maintenance
- RSafety Inspections
- RCommercial Electrical
- RTesting & Tagging
- RSingle & 3 Phase Power
Electricians Brisbane North and South
At Village Electrical and Data, we take pride in offering a wide range of electrical services for residential, commercial and retail property owners. With our expertise in data cabling, we are your go-to professionals for all your electrical needs. Whether you require the assistance of qualified Brisbane electricians to diagnose electrical faults, install smoke alarms, fit LED lighting solutions, or perform safety switch installation, we have the skills and knowledge to cater to your specific requirements, all at affordable prices.
No project is too big or too small for us. We are dedicated to providing exceptional services and cost-effective solutions to our valued clients. If you are seeking the expertise of one of the best electrical contractors in Brisbane, don’t hesitate to contact us today. We are ready to assist you with professionalism and proficiency.